Carl Edwards Look for his Third Win at Pocono
Carl Edwards looks for his third win at Pocono Raceway Sunday afternoon, Fastenal will serve as an associate sponsor before returning to the primary paint scheme next weekend at Michigan. Tune into TNT Sunday at noon for live racing action.
Carl Edwards on racing at Pocono Raceway:
“My heart rate is going up just thinking about how fast it is going to be at Pocono this week. The new pavement has the potential to make this one of the highest-speed tracks that we go to. It was already a fast track. I have yet to be on the surface, so I am very anxious to see how it drives. I think the fact that the surface is new, no one really knows what will work and what won’t. I think it could shake up the race and make it a real interesting one. We have gone there before and run really well on the old surface, so hopefully we can turn that into a good run this weekend, because we need it. Last weekend we had a good car that could compete for the win and we had some bad luck. Now we are on the outside looking in, so it’s time to go.”
Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at Pocono Raceway:
“Pocono is the most unique race track we go to on the circuit. It is a challenging race track, but I enjoy racing there. With three different corners and a very long straightaway, there is a fine line between being good and being good enough to win. It takes a series of compromises to the set-up to run fast there. The track surface will also be a new element for everyone to figure out as well.”
• CARL EDWARDS will make his 15th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Pocono Raceway in this weekend’s Pocono 400.
• STANDINGS… Edwards is currently 12th with two top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
• FOR THE RECORD… In 14 starts at the 2.5-mile track, Edwards has two wins, five top-five and seven top-10 finishes. He has an average start of 20.4 and an average finish of 13.8.
• ON THE TRACK… The No. 99 team will be unloading chassis RK-815 this weekend. This car was new at Darlington where Edwards finished seventh.
• IN THE LOOP… According to NASCAR’s Loop Statistics compiled over the last 14 races at Pocono, Edwards has turned 168 of the track’s fastest laps which is fourth highest and led a total of 212 laps (fourth highest). Edwards’ driver rating (98.4) is sixth best among active drivers.
• REWIND, POCONO, June 2011… While running third early in the race, a broken valve sent Edwards to the garage for a majority of the race resulting in a 37th-place finish.