Carl Edwards Phoenix Advance
Carl Edwards and the No. 60 team head west to Phoenix International Raceway for the running of the Bashas’ Supermarkets 200 on Saturday February 26th at 5:30 PM ET on ESPN2. Practice can be seen on SPEED Friday at 1 PM ET and 4 PM ET and qualifying is also on SPEED at 2 PM ET Saturday. Edwards won the Nationwide race at Phoenix in the fall and will look to make it two in a row. Fastenal will serves as an associate sponsor on the No. 60 this weekend.
Carl Edwards on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
“I am really looking forward to going to Phoenix after our win there in October. Phoenix is an excellent track for us and we have had a lot of success there. We had a tough weekend in Daytona but we had a very competitive Mustang and my guys did an awesome job. Our goal is to go into Phoenix and grab the last win on the old racing surface before they put down the new pavement. We are going to put our Ford Mustang in Victory Lane.”
Crew chief Mike Beam on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
“Carl won the race in Phoenix last fall. After last week in Daytona, we are looking to turn things around this weekend. Carl dominates Phoenix so with accurate pit stops we should have the perfect combination to help get us into victory lane Saturday.”
• Last year, Edwards finished the season with four wins, 19 top-fives, 27 top-tens and three poles.
• Edwards’ next win will be his 30th career NASCAR Nationwide win.
• Edwards will be piloting the No. 60 Ford Drive One Mustang this weekend.
• This is last race on the current surface. PIR will undergo a major six-month repave/reconfiguration project beginning in March.
• Edwards has been to victory lane five times at PIR. (4 Nationwide, 1 Sprint Cup)