Carl Edwards Atlanta Preview
- Bristol Recap
- Edwards qualified third in his Ford Fusion for the second week in a row. While fighting a very tight condition through nine cautions, he ran in the top-10 the majority of the 500-lap race. When the checkered flag flew, Edwards and the No. 99 Fastenal team were able to capture a solid seventh-place finish and their 10th top-10 of the season.
- Edwards at Atlanta
- Edwards had his first Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series wins sweeping the weekend in 2005. He also won the second race there in 2005, sweeping the season.
- He won the fall race in 2008.
- Edwards has 16 Sprint Cup starts at the 1.5-mile track with an average start of 9.8 and an average finish of 15.2
- The Car
- Primary chassis RK-880 was last run in 2014 at Kentucky, starting in the 14th spot and finishing 17th.
- Backup chassis RK-904 was last brought to Fall Bristol in 2014 as the back-up car.
Edwards on Atlanta:
"Atlanta is our last shot before the Chase to work on our mile and a half program. I love racing in Atlanta. It's fun, the track's got character, and it's fast. For me it's a special place considering both my first Nationwide win and first Cup win came at that track. It's a Subway weekend which is always fun. The Subway folks always make sure we have a good time and we have great food. So for us it's an opportunity to do three things; to win the race to get some bonus points, to learn for the Chase and to just have a little bit of fun before the real pressure of the Chase starts."